Lately, I’ve become obsessed with quinoa. Quinoa is a type of seed that’s packed with antioxidants, vitamins and fibers. It’s basically a superfood. I would like to share you my favorite recipe for a healthy and delicious quinoa salad.
(makes 2 servings)
- 150 grams quinoa
- One tomato
- One cucumber
- (optional) Two hard-boiled eggs
- (optional) Boullion cube
- One tablespoon tahini
- one tablespoon soy sauce
- salt, pepper and sugar to taste
1. Measure and rinse your quinoa. Put the quinoa in a pan with water and let it cook. I usually do a 1:2 ratio of quinoa and water.
2. Once the water has come to a boil, lower the heat to a simmer. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes. If you want, you can also boil an egg at this point.
3. After your quinoa has done cooking, let it cool down and cut up your vegetables. Peel the eggs and cut it up into small pieces.
4. Mix the tahini, soy sauce and the seasonings together into a paste.
5. Put the quinoa, vegetables and the dressing in a bowl and mix it all together. Add some cilantro on top and enjoy your meal!
You can do so many things with quinoa! But this is definitely my favorite recipe. Have you ever tried quinoa? If so what’s your favorite recipe?